This policy describes the processing of your personal data by The Alternative Flooring Company Ltd (5211952) of 4 Stephenson Close, East Portway, Andover SP10 3RU in relation to:
1. The use of our website www.alternativeflooring.com
2. In-house general data handling
For the purposes of applicable data protection law (including, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/ 679 (the "GDPR"), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal data.
Where applicable, this policy should be read alongside our terms and conditions, which tell you about the terms on which you may use the website.
What Personal Data is Collected?
- Personalised Identification Information: your name, your gender.
- Contact Information: your email address, postal address including postcode and telephone number.
- Product Information: products you have purchased or you like.
- Marketing Preferences: how you would like to be contacted and if you are happy to be tracked.
- In addition, if you have contacted us by phone or email we may keep a record of that correspondence.
What is the Data used for and how long will it be kept?
- Contractual Necessity: to fulfil an order or request.
- Legitimate Interests: delivering any tailored advertising (including Facebook etc), creating user insights, communication on any legal or customer complaint.
- Consent: if you have opted in to receive marketing information from us we will hold your data until you tell us otherwise. If you have not opted in your data will be destroyed within 6 months of it being processed for sample requests. For all flooring, rug or sundry orders your data will be archived and then destroyed after 7 years.
Who will your personal data be shared with and where?
- The data will only be used for internal purposes, to help us to understand and fulfil your request. The data will not be sold or provided to any third parties apart from Click 'n' Collect purchases when your name, telephone number and email address will be passed to our recommended retailer for the sole purpose of them contacting you regarding the collection of the rug or runner.
Changing or deleting information
Any information we store will be as up to date as possible, and will depend entirely on information provided to us by you. We are happy to amend or delete information upon request. Alternatively this can be done by visiting our email Preference Centre, a link to this will be in the footer of any email newsletter sent from us.
The Alternative Flooring Company Ltd will add you to an email mailing list when you sign up to receive our email newsletter. We will also add you to an email mailing list should you interact with the website, and opt in when supplying your email address. All our email communication offers an “unsubscribe” feature that allows you to remove your email address from our files at any time. You can always re-subscribe at any time when you want to start receiving information from us. This email mailing list will only be used to inform you of any product launches, promotional offers and news that may interest you as a customer.
Please note, we do track email activity for the purpose of user insight, if you do not want your email activity to be tracked visit our Preference Centre, a link to this will be in the footer of any email newsletter sent from us.
More information about cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Where you continue to use our website without changing your browser settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. You can however set your browser not to accept cookies and www.aboutcookies.org will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
This website may contain “links” to other websites. We make every effort to link only to sites that share our high standards of privacy and service. We try our best to ensure that these links are safe and appropriate to our audience although The Alternative Flooring Company Ltd cannot be responsible for the content of any website to which we link.
We aim to deliver all sample orders within 2-7 days if the goods are in stock. If the samples you order are "out of stock" we will send the order to you as soon as they become available again. If we cannot source the item we will contact you to advise.
You can cancel your sample order, providing the samples have not been dispatched. Once dispatched sample orders cannot be cancelled.
Our Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.